Monday, January 11, 2010

Thank you quotes

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb


Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. ~David Thomas


Not what we give,
But what we share,
For the gift
without the giver
Is bare.
~James Russell Lowell


Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern


I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks. ~William Shakespeare


The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard


I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton


I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom. ~Author Unknown


The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. ~Oscar Wilde


Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu, translated from French


How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
~William Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice, much later adapted to "So shines a good deed in a weary world" by David Seltzer for the 1971 film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory


It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown


Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~Mark Twain


How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston


We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder


I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. ~Benjamin Disraeli


Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel. ~Author Unknown


Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim. ~William Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment